Well. It’s been nearly a week since I saw Dorada, and still no response from her current owners. It’s understandable — my offer was low, and no where near ideal…but, at the very least, a short note back telling me that they would prefer a little more money or something would have sufficed. I hate this hanging in limbo feeling. It turns me into a tense, irritable, useless person until I finally stop stalking my email. There is still a small chance something will happen, but I’m not holding my breath — between a call and a written email, there should have been some sort of contact by now.
The mare was pretty much perfect — she was sweet, forward but sane, smart and bold, and loved to go play. She had her ears forward during our entire ride (one of the most beautiful trail rides I’ve ever been on)
I am obviously frustrated, and at this point, disappointed. Time to accept what I already knew: I don’t have the money to get what I want.
So, with that in mind, I think it’s time to shelve the purchase of a horse until the spring/early summer. I’m hoping that between house sitting, private photo shoots, and working overtime at work during the rush season, I will be able to squirrel away enough money to find something next season.
The thought of being without any sort of critter to keep me occupied is hard to swallow. I will figure it out. In the meantime, despite not really “feeling” it, I’ll be riding Henry the Huge Draft horse. He deserves his very own post, as he’s a character in himself.
Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions too quickly and things will work out, but I can’t keep playing this game inside my own head and driving myself nuts (not that it’s a far drive or anything). It is what it is, and I need to focus on other things instead of waiting on something that might not come. I can only stalk my email, cell phone, and work phone for so long before getting tired of it!