Let’s take a moment to appreciate the pros of our current ponies, whether you own them or just ride them in lessons.
- Funny pony is funny! He makes me laugh.
- Um, he doesn’t buck me off…not that it was ever Image’s fault, but getting on and not immediately having to do donuts to keep the horse from going esplodey is nice!
- His lovely, gliding gait…Quarter horses and the like may be easier to come by, but I will always own gaited horses from here on out.
- His teaching ability. Owned him for six months, only been riding for three months, and I’ve learned a great deal about myself and horses in that short amount of time.
- He tolerates me dressing him up. Sort of.
- He also tolerates long hours of being groomed. Mwahaha.
- He’s fur-reeking cute!
|Gaiting around the paddock yesterday. Thanks to S for coming and playing with us yesterday!|
I have a ton to say, no energy to say it (SSDD). Hopefully this week I will be able to formulate something coherent and worth reading — I’m house sitting RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Simba for the next ten days so I will be nixing about 10 hours of drive time from my week. Simba lives an hour and fifteen from my house, which is ridiculous, but I trust two people in the whole world with caring with my horse when I’m not around (namely, my aunt and L) so I’m happy to make the drive. It does get tedious, so these house sitting stints up north make my life much better for a little while!