I WENT TO ROLEX.
I have a short series planned that I’ve already begun to write, but as a start to kind of get the ball rolling, here’s a quick rundown:
1. Fourteen hour drives, even split into two days, SUCK.
2. KENTUCKY IS BEAUTIFUL. I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE.
3. If you have never done Rolex, you HAVE to go with someone who is a seasoned pro. They know the ins, outs, secrets, and important hidey holes to go to for viewing and meeting people.
4. It’s also helpful to have someone who is not as awestruck as you are to point out when you are standing and chatting casually with one of the riders you were following AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN EFFING NOTICE HER BADGE.
5. Fair food. ‘Nuff said.
6. If it is cross country day, it will rain.
7. Volunteering, especially if you get a good “position”, makes you feel REALLY COOL…until you miss actually watching the last of the showjumping round D:
8. EXCEPT THEN YOU GET TO PAT PHILLIP DUTTON’S HORSE AND EVERYTHING IS OKAY AGAIN.
I arrived in KY on Thursday and literally got home at noon today (after a harrowing ride through NYC…never. again). It was the most awesome thing I’ve done in years and I can’t wait to share everything in depth with you guys!
Here’s an XC shot from Saturday as a teaser for more when I have part one written up!
|Tim Bourke (IRE) and Luckaun Quality.|